- Lightning strikes produce Ozone, hence the characteristic smell after lightning storms.
- The only two non-silvery metals are gold and copper.
- Water expands when freezes, unlike other substances.
- Glass is actually a liquid, it just flows very, very slowly.
- Superfluid Helium defies gravity and climbs on walls.
- If you pour a handful of salt into a glass of water, the water level will go down.
- Diamond and graphite are both entirely made of carbon and nothing else.
- The rarest naturally-occurring element in the Earth’s crust is astatine.
- DNA is a flame retardant.
- One inch of rain is equal to 10 inches of snow.
- A rubber tyre is technically one single, giant, polymerized molecule.
- Air becomes liquid at -190°C.
- Mars is red because of iron oxide.
- Our stomach is full of acid strong enough to melt metal.
Subscribe for updates, news and Exam tips!
Get weekly updates on live streams, news and more right in your mailbox.