6 exam tips for a better grade
During The Exam.
- Read the whole paper – Get a feel for the paper and think about which question you want to start with.
- Plan your exam – Start with your strongest topic to build confidence and get you into a rhythm for the exam.
- Attempt everything – Attempt every question even if you’re unsure of the topic. Marks are there to be awarded.
- Don’t forget units! – If there are units in the question (e.g. m, m/s, sec) then there should be units in the answer. Don’t lose out on easy marks!
- Take a minute! – 2 hours 30 is a long time and no doubt you’ll get stuck. Make sure you have plenty of water, pause and give yourself a minute to regather your thoughts.
- Read over your paper when you’re done! – When you finish, check your working. You might have left out the units or given your answer in a different form to what is asked in the question.
Remember: the questions will be a mix of easy, medium and difficult. keep working for the 2 hours and 30 minutes the grade you get will reflect how prepared you are if you don’t know what to do, do what you know!
thetuitioncentre.ie Make the most of #stayathome